Support the Oldest College Daily
Help the News Provide an Unrivaled Journalism Education
In 1978, alumni of the Yale Daily News founded the YDN Foundation as a tax-exempt charitable organization to support the Yale Daily News and help it fulfill its dual mission of training student journalists and providing vital news to the Yale community.
Grants from the Foundation assist the News in many areas, including:
- Providing cash stipends to staffers on financial aid who have high time commitments to the News
- Providing financial support to News staffers taking unpaid or low-paid summer journalism internships
- Maintaining the historic Briton Hadden Memorial Building
- Subsidizing capital expenditures including computer hardware and software, video and podcast equipment and other expenses needed to maintain a state-of-the-art news platform
- Managing the Scot Haller Prize, which provides a cash award for the most outstanding story published by the Yale Daily News in any form during the academic year
The YDN Foundation depends on the generosity of alumni and friends and is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charity. Contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible as permitted by law. To make a donation to the Foundation and support the Yale Daily News, please click "donate" on this page. If you would like to designate your donation to a specific cause, such as the stipend program or the Scot Haller prize, you can indicate so on the Special Instructions line.